Apreamare history dates back to far off 1849, when Giovanni Aprea started to handbuild rowing and sailing boats used for fishing in Sorrento, basing his craft on the shape and form of the traditional “gozzo sorrentino”. The family tradition continued over down to Giovanni’s son Cataldo, first of all, and then to some of his sons and in particular the eldest son Giovanni.
It was during this period, in the years following the Second World War, that the first major change was introduced with car engines being fitted to the boats.
The boatyard started to produce the first “gozzi” used as pleasure boats, a sector which immediately become the most important, surpassing professional fishing boats.
Cataldo Aprea’s joining the family boatyard in 1973 marked a major turning point in the running of the company and the production methods used.
This is the reason why Cataldo Aprea, bursting with new, groundbreaking ideas, decided to go on alone and opened the Apreamare boatyard in 1983.
1988 marks an important turning point: with the Salvatore Pollio, a constructor who picked up the sector’s potentiality and creativity, he founded the Apreamare Srl.
In 2001 Apreamare joined the Ferretti Group. The fruitful collaboration with one of the leading companies in the marine industry allows the company to grow and succeed in new and important markets.
After nine years of successful cooperation with the Ferretti Group, on March 24th 2010 Aprea and Pollio families takes back the direct control of the Apreamare bringing it into the family.